Add Hours and Minutes Calculator
There are times when you just want to get total hours and minutes you've spent on work or your personal activities. This is valid case most especially when you want to calculate your hours of work to validate your salary. Doing it manually could be bothersome, use this Add Hours and Minutes Calculator instead to do it faster.
See also: 🕑 Time to Decimal Hours Calculator
How to Use The Add Hours and Minutes Calculator
The interface is quite easy to understand, you can just enter the time - hours and minutes, compute or add row then the results will be displayed on the left corner. But here's a step by step guide to it.
- 1. Enter the hour on 'HH' input (e.g. 12 or 4).
- 2. Type in the corresponding minutes on 'MM' input on the same row if applicable.
- 3. Click on 'Compute' button to get the added hours and minutes. 60 minutes is equivalent to 1 hour, so it is automatically added to the hours total and subtracted to minutes total.
- 4. You can add row by clicking the 'Add Row' button as well as delete extra row by clicking the corresponding '🗙' button.
Add Hours and Minutes Logic
Considering you have these hours and minutes (HH:MM) you want to add up:
12 : 18 1 : 45 8 : 55
The idea is that you can add all the minutes first and convert it to HH:MM format. Then, add up all the hours including the hours derived from converted minutes. So from the given example data above, here's how it goes.
- Step 1: Add
18 + 45 + 55, that would be equal to
- Step 2: Convert the total minutes into hours.
1 hour = 60 minutes. The idea is to get the remainder and not the decimal value for this because you want just separate how many group of 60's are there in 118 minutes. So
118 / 60 = 1 remainder 58. You can check out 🔢 Remainder Calculator for this.
- Step 3: Add all the hours from our list
12 + 1 + 8 = 21, include the hours derived from converted minutes so that would be
21 + 1 = 22.
- Step 4: With the original hours and converted minutes, you now have
22 hours and 58 minutes.We derived the 58 minutes from the remainder when we find group of 60's in 118 total minutes.
Here's a video tutorial on how to use the Add Hours and Minutes Calculator.
See also: ⌚ Hours From Now Calculator